Are you ready for the Halloween season? If not, you are not alone. It always seems time goes faster each year. However, here at Weeder Pediatric Dentistry in La Vista, Nebraska, we are ready for this holiday season and are happy to provide you with some solid tips and advice on how to keep you and your families smile healthy this Halloween season.
Here are some tips and tricks for keeping your smile healthy this spooktacular season:
· Avoid hard and sticky candies. These candies can be very harmful to your teeth. The sugary substance can latch onto your tooth enamel encouraging tooth decay.
· Have your candy with other meals. This will encourage other food particles and saliva to wash the sugar from your teeth.
· Try providing sugarless gum. Sugarless gum can encourage saliva production, which can wash away the harmful food particles in your mouth.
· Remember to brush your teeth regularly. Brushing at least twice a day for two minutes a day will help you keep your teeth healthy and free from tooth decay.
· Don’t forget to floss. Flossing reaches the places a toothbrush cannot reach. Between the teeth and deep along the gum line are popular places for candy to leave sugary particles forming cavities.
· Use mouthwash after brushing. By using mouthwash, you can clear away any remaining bacteria in your mouth after brushing, leaving your smile clean and fresh.
Our friendly dental staff is always happy to provide you with any additional advice or information you may need to get through this sugar-filled season. So, call us today at (402) 932.1177 and schedule an appointment. It’s never too late for achieving positive oral health.