Have you ever grabbed your toothbrush, used it, and then just flung it across the counter, too tired to put it back in a proper holder? If so, even a little action such as that could have a negative effect on your progress to optimum oral health. Even the smallest of mix-ups can result in your toothbrush being contaminated, and a whole new batch of germs finding their way into your mouth.
Here are a few tips and tricks to avoid simple mistakes with your daily toothbrush routine:
– Keep your toothbrush aired out; do not consistently store them in closed containers.
– Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months. Youth toothbrushes typically need to be replaced more often than adult toothbrushes.
– Visit your dentist every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Be gentle and don’t press hard. A softer, gentler approach works best.
– Stiff bristles can hurt gums, softer brushes are better.
– Electric toothbrushes make brushing easier.
– Use a toothbrush that easily fits into your mouth.
– Make sure the size and shape of your brush can reach all areas in your mouth effectively.
– Avoid cross-contamination from toothbrushes touching each other.
– Don’t share toothbrushes.
– Store your toothbrush upright.
– Keep your toothbrush clean when not in use.
If you would like to book an appointment with us, please call Weeder Pediatric Dentistry at (402) 932.1177 to talk to a member of our team. You can also visit our office in La Vista, Nebraska. Thank you for stopping by, and have a wonderful day.