Are you looking for the perfect summer tooth treatment to ensure your smile will last throughout the summer, and for many years to come? When thinking about the benefits that dental sealants can offer, it’s important to remember that sealants are treatments that use specialized gels hardened by light sources directly on your teeth to strengthen and protect them from tooth decay and dental erosion.
For more information about dental sealants, consider the following:
– Even children at the age of 6 can be treated with dental sealants, as they are most often used on molars, which first grow in around that age.
– Dental sealants use a distinct gel to coat your teeth, which is hardened under a special light. This hardened material can protect your teeth from further damage including tooth decay and cavities.
– A single dental sealant can function for up to a decade.
– Dental sealants can lower the risk of developing tooth decay in molars by up to 80%.
– Sealants can thwart oral health dangers including harmful acids that can erode your tooth enamel.
– Many sealants are clear and will not conceal the natural beauty of your teeth.
– Dental sealants make children 3 times less likely to see a rise in cavities.
With dental sealants, your smile will not only look better, but it can be better protected too. If you would like to meet with Dr. Greg Weeder and our team at Weeder Pediatric Dentistry for an examination, please call (402) 932.1177 to schedule an appointment at our dentist office in La Vista, Nebraska. Let us get you started on the road to a brighter, whiter smile!